Sunday, November 14, 2010

Hope Now

Tonight I watched "Letters to God" all by myself and was impacted. It wasn't necessarily the most brilliant movie or a storyline that you couldn't see the end coming but by the way the young boy's character held onto hope and what God was doing and what God could potentially do was what impacted me. The last week I've had some discouragement in various forms come my way and have been frustrated. Discouraged at some who'd speak negatively about me and my business, people who don't know me. Frustrated with my feet because they are sore all the time. Frustrated with this stupid, lingering cold that hasn't been a terrible cold but enough to put me out of commission and I'm still going to have a hard time teaching tomorrow. Frustrated because I want to settle into a schedule and be the perfect Mama and wife! Frustrated because I need more instructors, more classes added to my center schedule and I just want it all to happen NOW!!



I know I'm so silly! I've been in 2 weeks and have pushed myself at a really hard pace over the last couple of months but because I see the potential of what "can be" and what is "going to be" then it's hard not to want it NOW. I just have so many dreams and expectations of who I'm becoming and who God is in our lives. Crazy dreams that would make other people shake their head!

But the lessons of life aren't learned in the destination are they? The lessons are in the journey. The journey of how we respond to our circumstances. The journey of how we grow and mature in our character? How we respond in the secret place and in the public place. How will I respond when I find out people who don't know me are speaking awful things about me or are rejoicing when I fail? How will I respond when my children don't meet up to my expectations and do something I don't want them to do? Better yet how will I respond when my first reaction to someone else's failure is rejoicing or maybe when they have a great victory and I'm jealous? Will I learn to grieve when it's o-k to grieve? Will I learn to press my face towards the goal and run the race hard no matter what anyone says? Will I learn to believe in myself and what I'm capable of? Will I be a warrior and fight when it's time to fight? Will I learn to discern those times...the time to fight, the time to grieve, the time to rest?

Will I learn to live a life of joy, kindness, passion and grace? Living with expectaion of the good in people, searching for the treasure? Will I learn from my mistakes and be o-k with making them? Will I be able to say sorry when I make them? Will I clean up my mess when I make it?


There's so much more to the journey then we understand. Sometimes I just want to get to the destination and it's hard to embrace this moment of awkwardness and uncomfortablleness (my own word, I think!) But if I've learned anything in this last year, it's to embrace the journey. Some of the lessons above I've learned but still have trouble living all the time but that's o-k. Jesus has commited to me in a way that means I am becoming more and more like Him in this journey. I look forward to the lessons I'm learning and if anything I feel like I'm being born all over again. Coming into my own. Discovering the me that Owen and my Father God have always known was there and I'm sure sooooo many others! (Too many to name ;o)


Today, I'm reminding myself that it's the journey that matters. To take time to stop along the way and embrace the lessons so hopefully I won't have to repeat them too many times! I'm going to "Hope Now" and dream!
By the way the movie was excellent! I was pleasantly surprised by the acting and the soundtrack is incredible.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5-iiyToJNGk


Hope Now by Addison Road


If everything comes down to love
Then just what am I afraid of
When I call out Your name
Something inside awakes in my soul
How quickly I forget I'm Yours
When my life is like a storm
Rising waters all I want is the shore
You say I'll be ok
Make it through the rain
You are my shelter my from the storm

I am not my own. I've been carried by you all my life
Everything rides on hope now
Everything rides on faith somehow
When the world has broken me down
Your love sets me free
You've become my hearts desires
I will sing Your praises higher
Your love sets me free


No comments:

Post a Comment