Saturday, September 18, 2010

Oh the Glory of Aden!

This sweet boy just has me falling more and more in love with him lately!  He's really just been cracking me up with his stories and things that he has to say.  He's really hitting a new stage and coming into his personality!  What a joy!

I thought I'd share a couple of funny Aden moments....

The other day I walked into the bathroom and for the 2nd time in the day stepped in a little puddle of liquid.  The liquid was clear but not the kind of clear that I'd prefer to step in....so, I walked out of the bathroom and to the source (since Charis and I never miss and hopefully neither does Owen) and said "Aden, I just stepped in pee-pee for the 2nd time today!"   Charis yells out "Mommy, I did too!"  Aden looks at the both of us in disbelief as if "why are we both looking at him" and he yells "Me too!"  This coming from the child who likes to poke his head out the door while in the process of emptying his bladder...oh my geee.

The other day Aden went on a trip with Uncle Doug to Food Lion to buy skittles.  It was a great male bonding moment for them ;o)  Well, Owen (aka Daddy) took Aden to Food Lion the next day and convinced him to buy...drum roll please...skittles.  After they passed the soup aisle and Aden yelled "Wook, Wightning McWeen Woup!" (Translated into Look, Lightning McQueen Soup!)  Owen picked up the normal, little bag of skittles and Aden says "Daddy, let me show you wumping (something)"  He brings him to an aisle and says "Wook, they have skittles in a box and......" - he now runs down the aisle and says "...and a gigantic bag of skittles!"  As they are walking away (but only after Owen convinced Aden he's not getting the gigantic bag) Aden says "Daddy, Food Lion is a very cool place."  Thank you to Uncle Doug for introducing Aden to the coolness of Food Lion!

Last little story (and a little warning that my kids call body parts by their names!)   I pick up Aden from school and he has a potato with 5 toothpicks stuck in it and each toothpick has a little yellow playdough ball stuck on the end.  All last week they did bumblebee projects so I say "Aden, is that your bumblebee?"  He looks at me as if I'm an absolute idiot and says  "No, Mommy, it's a POTATOE."  Well, o-k then it's a potatoe.  Then his teacher calls out as I'm leaving "I'll let him tell you if it's a boy or a girl" with a little grin on her face.  We get in the car and I say "Tell me about your potato, Aden"  Aden - "Well, it's a potatoe (duh) and it's a boy potatoe, it has an imaginary penis.  Can't you see it?"  Again, he's looking like at me like "Mom, hello?!"

Oh my goodness, how I love this boy!

1 comment: