Saturday, September 11, 2010

How Random Are My Thoughts!

Well, I've decided to just go with random tonight!  I love random, don't you?!

Random thought #1 - "I am falling in love with my children more and more every day!"  Yes, even on the not so great days, there are moments that I think "Holy Crap, could I fall any more in love with this little person?"  Tonight, I listened to Aden tell me (after closing his eyes for 15 seconds in bed) about the dream he just had and in the dream he was running fast!  It's always about running fast.  It's funny but so many people meet Aden and think the child is "Wide Open" - and that is true.  He's spunky, energetic, always running but he's also a little lover.  His teacher told me this week that he is the most affectionate in her class.  He rubs her shoulder, sits on her lap and hugs her a lot!  He's so sweet.  That's exactly how he is at home too.  And he doesn't just hand his love away to everyone, he chooses who he's going to shower his affection on.  Ohhhh....how I love him!!

Random thought #2 - "I dream and make plans not based on my lack or weaknesses but based on who I'm becoming, who I want to be and where I want to go!"  Today, I was doing my hair and getting ready for a meeting after a 4 hour search for a buffet to store all the trillion books that we homeschool with and Charis came running in and asked me if I had TWINS, would I still want to adopt another baby?  (Yes, people she's praying for twins and I'm worried considering the Lord answers her prayers!)  I hesitated only a moment and said yes!  But during the hesitation, I thought about the last week which was my first official week of homeschooling and very quickly realized if I had based it on the week, I would not have any more children.

The week was hard.  H-A-R-D!  It's not that 2nd grade is hard.  It's the learning to schedule everything, finding when Charis' best learning time is, learning to manage my business, schooling my daughter, my ministry, my online study program and my home all at the same time while still being a wife, mother, friend and mentor.  The homeschooling had some surprises like all of the preparation or discovering that I'm having to reteach Charis handwriting which is slowing us way down!  If I based my plan for the future based on the last week where I felt like a big, fat failure with a capital F then I would say NO way!  However, that would be basing my decision out of my lack and my weaknesses this last week instead of keeping my eyes on the prize.  It would be basing a decision out of fear and I'm not going down that route anymore.

Instead I will base my decisions on the goals I have for myself.  On seeing who I'm becoming and who I'm capable of being.  I'm trying to fill my mind with that vision and decide from there what I'm capable of.  That whatever comes across my path, I am capable because of what God has put inside of me and who He's made me to be to accomplish that thing and if that means "twins" and adoption, then so be it! But not because someone else wants that for me but because I want that for me and it produces excitement and passion! 

Random thought #3 - "I'm really terrible at roller skating and that's o-k!"  Haha!  Seriously, it's o-k.  Owen can be good at it and he can take the kids and I don't have to :o)

Random thought #4 - "I have a lot to offer."   So true.  I'm stinking adorable, funny and so much fun to be with.  I'm also very humble.....

No comments:

Post a Comment